Town of Exeter
Regular Board Meeting
February 13, 2017
All board members present as well as Clerk Christen.
General: 11 citizens
Chair Fahey stated the meeting had been properly posted.
Minutes: January 9, 2017, MOTION (MG/RZ)
Treasurer report: January 2017 ending balance of $902,902.26, $2,883,029.11 in tax monies received, $2,090.15 interest. MOTION (RZ/MG), all in favor.
· WTA County meeting Wednesday, February 15, 2017. TF
· 2020 Census prep has begun. TF
· Chair Fahey noted that the State Attorney General had spoken at a County Board meeting recently regarding issues of local drug enforcement and community involvement with drug abuse.
· Supervisor Gundlach noted a memorial donation at the park was being made in the name of Dan Kiesling
· Ice storm event in January resulted in 2- car versus snowplow accidents and a snowplow in the ditch that needed front end loader and tow truck to get truck out. TF
· Cell phone tower in the area being erected and second one is in planning stages. TF
Dale Gutman asked about the control of littering on the town roads. Chair Fahey stated the town would place some anti-loitering signs on Tunnel Rd near bike path to see if it would curb the problem.
Mike Dorle asked about edge of road peel back near his driveway. Chair Fahey noted the ground is soft with the winter rains and the blades float, they are not adjustable. It is town right of way and property, technically. The patrolman tries to pull the sod back in the spring without creating more damage before spring mowing starts.
Committee reports: Next Park meeting, March 7 at 7 pm. MG
Senior citizen-ending balance 12/31/16 was $17,482.79, Fund raising acct-$8,000.00, Building acct, $33,681.14,. RZ
Unfinished Business: none
· Rich Joseph, Hop Garden inquired if it was possible to have outdoor weddings on his farm in Exeter. It would only be a short 4-6 week window when the hops are tall. Chair Fahey spoke to Green County Zoning office and Rich would have to start at the County level and the County would determine if a CUP would be necessary and then he would need to come back to the town to start the CUP process.
· High Speed Internet- Judith Blank, New Glarus representative spoke on the need for a High Speed Internet committee. She noted that there is money available at the county level to help with the cost.
Chair Fahey stated that resolution has been drafted and signed by the Green County Committee and is in front of the County Board for approval.
MOTION (MG/RZ)that the town is in support of the creation of this committee, all in favor.
· Chair Fahey then stated that Joann Gruber-Hagen has resigned as town treasurer effective immediately.
Mark Gundlach recommended a job description be compiled; board to meet February 15 or 16, time to be set.
Bills: Approved as presented, MOTION (MG/RZ), all in favor.
Adjourn:MOTION (RZ/MG), all in favor. 8:34 pm
Candee J. Christen, Clerk