Town of Exeter
Regular Board Meeting
Monday, April 10, 2017
All board members present as was Clerk Christen.
General: 7 citizens
Chair Fahey stated that the meeting had been properly posted.
Minutes: March 13, 2017,MOTION (MG/RZ) all in favor, approved.
Treasurer Report: march ending balance $515,860.34, MOTION (RZ/MG), all in favor, approved.
Announcements: Clerk Christen reported voter turnout for the April election was 265. Clerk Christen also informed the board the DNR had been in contact with her to let the town know that the Stewart Train tunnel has been closed indefinitely due to falling rocks from the ceiling. Repairs are necessary and will be completed when funds are available. No timeline has been set.
Chair Fahey announced that Sandy Rindy had been appointed by the board effective April 1, 2017, as the new Treasurer for a term of 3 years.
· Rick Roth asked what the correction could be of the snowplow damages on Hawks Ridge Rd, the water is washing the rolled gravel and the sod creating a gulley. He is wondering if the road can be corrected to avoid the water runoff damage. The board and John will look at the problem for improvement.
· Kathy Raymond was present representing the Green County Leaders requesting a contribution of $750 to help defray the cost of applying for a County wide grant for broadband internet installation in Green County. The board discussed the need; the deadline for the Grant is June. Chair Fahey asked that the item be placed on the May agenda for further discussion and possible action.
· Park-Supervisor Gundlach reported of the sub-committees formed, one will be planning the 10th Anniversary Park party; Becky Peterson would seek donations for the event, Park Design Committee planning the park design. A flag pole has been ordered and placement will be decided yet.
· Seniors-Supervisor Zweifel noted that the seniors are having a hard time meeting the state requirements of 15 people for meal attendance. With only 3-5 people showing up for noon meals the state may withdraw funding. The council is going to switch Monday and Tuesday and Thursday for a month to see if people will start showing up.
· Appointment of the Weed Commissioner (Marc Peterson) for 2017, MOTION (RZ/MG), all in favor, approved.
· Security cameras, Mike Vorpahl is setting up a meeting with the board to discuss the needs with an associate.
· 1 ton patrol truck- Chair Fahey noted the need to replace the patrol truck. He had John gather bids including a stainless steel box, blade and sander. Clerk Christen will check with the Towns Association if a special meeting is needed for the purchase since the Equipment Replacement Fund can pay for the purchase. Chair Fahey requested a motion be contingent on the reply from the WTA. MOTION (MG/RZ), to approve the purchase with the contingency to purchase the truck to the lowest bidder Ewold Chevrolet, all in favor, approved.
The sale of the old truck will be looked into.
· John Vetterli request for a CUP for a private campground.
Conditions per the recommendation of the Plan Commission:
(1) The lot will be limited to a single (1) camper (RV) at all times.
(2) Sunset clause on the CUP of 4 years, the CUP will be reviewed by the Plan Commission for any revisions or violations.
(3) The camper must not be present on the lot between the dates of December 1st through April 1st the following calendar year.
(4) The camper will not be rented to others while on the lot.
MOTION (MG/RZ) to approve the CUP request per the recommendation and conditions of the Plan Commission, all in favor, approved.
· Russel and Dave Tollefson request for a land divisionper Section 3 (g) (2) (B) of the Exeter Land Use Plan.
· Land division of the original farm house located at N9087 Christen Road, from the farm land per the previous mentioned Section.
MOTION (RZ/MG) to approve the request and CSM per the recommendation of the Plan Commission, all in favor, approved.
Bills: MOTION (MG/RZ) all in favor, approved.
Adjourn: MOTION (RZ/MG) all in favor, adjourned. (8:30PM)
Candee J. Christen, Clerk